The government initiative to make citizens link Aadhaar and EPIC is one of its many attempts to reduce the circulation of black money in the economy. Possessing multiple Voter cards might not be a punishable crime. However, having more than one Voter ID card with your name as a Voter is illegal.
Therefore, linking the two documents can help you avoid such inconveniences while abiding by the legal importance of the Aadhaar card and Voter ID.
Steps to Link Voter ID With an Aadhaar Card
The process to establish a Voter card Aadhaar card link is called seeding. The government’s new campaign to eliminate duplicate voters offers individuals several ways to carry out this process.
Following is a detailed discourse on how to link Aadhaar to Voter ID via each of the available channels.
After completing the above process, you will receive a notification informing you of the successful registration of the Voter ID link with the Aadhaar card online.
How to Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Through SMS
In case you are unable to complete the Aadhaar-EPIC linking procedure online, know how to link Aadhaar to Voter ID by SMS.
- Step 1: Type an SMS in the following format.ECILINK<SPACE><EPIC No. of Voter ID Card No.>< SPACE><Aadhaar No.>
- Step 2: Send it to 51969 or 166 from your registered mobile number.
How to Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Card Offline
- Individuals finding difficulty in completing the linking procedure via all the above means can resort to linking Aadhaar card and Voter card offline.
- Step 1: Visit your nearest Booth Level Officer (BLO). You can locate one from the official website of ECI.
- Step 2: Submit an application to perform the Voter card Aadhaar card link.
- Thereafter, the BLO will carry out a detailed verification procedure before linking the two documents.
How to Link an Aadhaar Card to Voter ID Online
- Here is a step-by-step guide to link Aadhaar with a Voter card online.
- Step 1: Go to the official NVSP portal.
- Step 2: Click on the “Search Electoral Roll” option.
- Step 3: The next page will redirect you to an electoral search form. Here, you can choose from “Search by Details” or “Search by EPIC No.”
- In case of the former, you need to enter your name, age, gender, date of birth, assembly constituency, and address details.
- Alternatively, you can search by EPIC no. and state under the second option.
- Step 4: After entering the required details, type the security code and click on “Search.”
- Step 5: If your entered information matches with that in the government database, the next page will display all your Voter ID details.
- Step 6: Now, click on the “Feed Aadhaar No.” option on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Step 7: Next, you will see a pop-up window where you need to enter your EPIC number, name as per Aadhaar card, UID number, and your registered email address or mobile number. Click on “Submit” here.
How to Link Aadhaar With Voter ID From a Phone
Alternatively, you can also place your Voter card Aadhaar card link request via a phone call. Simply call 1950 from your registered mobile number within 10-5 PM from Monday to Friday.
Thereafter, provide your Aadhaar number and EPIC number to the customer care executive. These data will undergo verification, and once done, they will be linked.
You will know of your successful Aadhaar card & Voter card link by phone after completion of the process.